Breast Augmentation Correction in Orange County & Newport Beach
Breast Augmentation Correction Before and After Photos
Breast Augmentation Revision Overview
Breast Augmentation Correction Natrelle™ focuses on improving breast appearance for patients who have previously undergone breast augmentation surgery but may be experiencing any one of the concerns below:
- Patients who wish to have larger breasts following primary augmentation.
- Patients whose breasts are asymmetric following primary augmentation.
- Patients with breast implants who have noticed tightening, firmness, and distortion of their breasts.
- Patients who have noticed deflation and/or rupture of their implants following breast augmentation.
- Patients who have noticed drooping of their nipples off of their breast implants and/or mounds due to the natural aging process.
- Patients who have noticed malposition of their breast implants resulting in breast asymmetry (i.e. breast implants that have lateralized, i.e. displaced into the armpits) especially noticeable when lying on their back.
- Patients who have noticed loss of their inframammary crease (i.e. bottoming out) with resulting dropping of their implants below the breast mound.
Dr. Mowlavi and his staff are dedicated to helping patients who have previously undergone breast augmentation surgery restore natural and aesthetically pleasing breast shape that they deserve. Did you know that your insurance company can often assist with breast correction surgery? Please contact our office to determine if you can qualify.
Dr. Mowlavi is considered an expert of breast augmentation and has developed Breast Augmentation Correction Natrelle™ to ensure that each patient attains their maximum potential following breast augmentation revision surgery. Breast Augmentation Correction Natrelle™ optimizes all aspects of your breast augmentation revision experience including: your initial confidential consultation, an anxiety-free operation, comfortable postoperative recovery, speedy return to full activity, and long term results.
During your initial consultation with Dr. Mowlavi , you will have the opportunity to convey to him exactly what your concerns are and for you and Dr. Mowlavi to set your personal goals. Dr. Mowlavi will complete a thorough history and physical examination which will ensure your optimum results. Dr. Mowlavi will examine your breasts and take detailed notes and measurements to ensure optimum breast augmentation correction results. Dr. Mowlavi’s examination will take into account:
- Breast mound size and any asymmetry
- Nipple areola complex positioning and any asymmetry
- Medial cleavage fullness or lack of
- Breast implant malposition when compared to breast mound positioning.
- Inframammary crease definition and any asymmetry
- Breast projection and breast to abdomen silhouette
- Nipple areola complex to inframammary crease distance and any asymmetry
- Breast skin and soft tissue thickness
- Pectoralis muscle tone and any asymmetry
You are encouraged to bring in your operative note and implant ID Card if these are available to you, in order to assist Dr. Mowlavi in determining your individualized breast augmentation revision surgery. You will have the opportunity to try on a full array of breast implant sizers so that you can determine the appropriate size of your implant replacements.
As part of your Breast Augmentation Correction Natrelle™ experience, Dr. Mowlavi and your patient coordinator will spend ample time detailing to you the preoperative planning and preparation that you will require, your operative course and plan, and your postoperative recovery and expectations. These steps are critical to ensuring optimum breast augmentation revision results.
Preoperative planning includes:
- Arranging for time off of work during your recovery period.
- Preparing meals and routine daily needs ahead of time.
- To wash with antimicrobial soap starting 4 days prior to surgery.
- Providing anti-anxiety medications on the night prior to as well as on the day of surgery.
- Planning for a responsible adult to accompany you to and from surgery and for the first 72 hours following surgery.
Breast Augmentation Correction Natrelle™ focuses on several operative measures that are taken by Dr. Mowlavi to optimize your results.
- Use of only FDA approved breast implants to ensure longevity of your implants.
- Provide perioperative antibiotics through your IV to minimize risk of infection.
- Utilize extended surgical drapes to ensure sterility throughout your case.
- Utilize nipple areola shields in order to avoid contamination of your implants from endogenous bacteria that normally live within the breast glands.
- Use of anatomic landmarks for pectoralis muscle release in order to ensure symmetric release of muscles and subsequent symmetry of proposed breast implant pocket position.
- Use of non-powdered gloves as well as irrigation of surgeon’s gloves with antibiotics solution to avoid all irritants that could cause capsular contracture.
- Use of antibiotic solution to irrigate the surgical breast pocket and breast implants in addition to the surgeon’s gloves to minimize risk of infection.
- Use of minimal touch technique when handling breast implant replacements prior to implantation.
- Use of sterile breast implant sizers prior to committing you to your final replacement implants.
- Maintaining an array of breast implant sizes and shapes on consignment at our surgery center so that adjustments in size can be considered during your operation should unexpected intraoperative findings be made.
- Placement of specialized breast garment, i.e. breast band, which ensures maintenance of breast implant position and avoid implant malposition.
Finally, Breast Augmentation Correction Natrelle™ focuses on providing you a comfortable immediate postoperative period, speedy recovery, and long lasting results.
- Use of long lasting numbing solution instilled into your pocket prior to closing your incision lines so that you have a comfortable immediate postoperative recovery.
- Provide you superior grade anesthetic medications during your surgery in order to avoid postoperative nausea and grogginess.
- Provide you with generous bandages and garments that won’t have to be replaced until you dispense with them at your first postoperative visit.
- Educate you and train you to perform breast message exercises which will minimize incidence of scar tissue formation, i.e. capsular contracture, and ensure long term aesthetically pleasing breast shape.
Dr. Arian Mowlavi is a Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon who has dedicated his practice to providing prospective patients the breast shape they deserve. Breast Augmentation Correction Natrelle TM is dedicated to restoring the natural breast shape following prior breast augmentation surgery.
Dr. Mowlavi is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, as well as Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Mowlavi has published over 50 nationally recognized scientific articles, received several nationally distinguished awards in the field of plastic surgery, and been featured in the Los Angeles Times, Orange County Register, The Washington Post, Self, and Orange Coast magazines.
Natrelle™ is a trademark of Allergan corporation.
12 months No Interest Financing
Need some financial assistance? No problem! We’re pleased to offer our patients the CareCredit® card, North America’s leading patient payment program. Best of all, CareCredit offers convenient payment plans and no hidden costs. Click the banner to apply now.
Breast Augmentation Correction Procedure Information
Length: 2 to 4 hours of operative time.
Anesthesia: General anesthesia
Place of Treatment: Outpatient surgical suite or hospital operating room.
Recovery: The recovery period for breast augmentation with a return to daily activities is usually 1 week. Patients are asked to forego physical activities and exercise for approximately 4 weeks.
Duration of Results: Patients who have undergone breast augmentation correction surgery can expect aesthetically pleasing results for several decades. Long term revisions may be needed if a breast becomes distorted (due to thickening of the capsule surrounding the implant, termed capsular contracture) or sagging of breast tissue off of the implant due to the normal aging process.
Breast Augmentation Correction Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Breast Augmentation Correction?
- Am I a good candidate for Breast Augmentation Correction?
- What can I expect at my initial Breast Augmentation Correction consultation?
- What are the risks and complications of Breast Augmentation Correction procedure?
- How is a Breast Augmentation Correction procedure performed?
- What can I expect after Breast Augmentation Correction surgery?
- Where are the incisions following a Breast Augmentation Correction surgery?
- Will I have scars following a Breast Augmentation Correction procedure?
- When will I be able to return home after a Breast Augmentation Correction procedure?