Liposuction & Lipoplasty in Orange County & Newport Beach
Liposuction Before and After Photos
Dr. Mowlavi is considered an elite surgical practitioner of suction assisted liposuction and has developed Liposuction Natrelle™ to ensure that each patient attains their maximum potential following liposuction procedure. Liposuction Natrelle™ optimizes all aspects of your lipsoction experience including: your initial confidential consultation, an anxiety-free operation, comfortable postoperative recovery, speedy return to full activity, and long term results.
During your initial consultation with Dr. Mowlavi , you will have the opportunity to convey to him exactly what your concerns or problem spots are. Dr. Mowlavi will complete a thorough history and physical which will ensure your optimum results. Dr. Mowlavi will evaluate your specific area of concern and additionally provide you a complimentary full body fat distribution evaluation. During this comprehensive examination Dr. Mowlavi will complete an assessment of all problem areas measuring both degree of excess fat as well as degree of skin redundancy to ensure optimum body contouring results. Dr. Mowlavi has identified a comprehensive list of body areas that are amenable to liposuction and these include:
- Legs: Lateral thighs, medial thighs, and medial knees.
- Abdomen: upper, middle, and lower abdominal regions.
- Flanks (i.e. love handles)
- Pubic region.
- Back: upper, middle, and lower back regions
- Breasts: upper axillary (arm pit) region
- Arms: upper arms (i.e. turkey arms)
- Neck region
When considering liposuction of any area, you must consider the ratio of excess fat to skin redundancy. When the degree of fat excess is associated with no skin redundancy then you are an ideal candidate for liposuction. When the degree of fat excess is associated with areas of minimal skin redundancy, then Dr. Mowlavi will assess the quality of skin to determine whether you will be an ideal candidate for liposuction. Finally, when the degree of fat excess is associated with moderate skin redundancy, then Dr. Mowlavi will recommend that you undergo a combination of liposuction and skin reduction surgery.
As part of your Liposuction Natrelle™ experience, Dr. Mowlavi and your patient coordinator will detail to you the preoperative planning and preparation that you will require, your operative course and plan, and your postoperative recovery and expectations. These steps are critical to ensuring optimum liposuction results.
Preoperative planning includes:
- Arranging for time off of work during your recovery period.
- Preparing meals and routine daily needs ahead of time.
- To wash with antimicrobial soap starting 4 days prior to surgery.
- Providing anti-anxiety medications on the night prior to as well as on the day of surgery.
- Planning for a responsible adult to accompany you to and from surgery and for the first 72 hours following surgery.
Liposuction Natrelle™ focuses on several operative measures that are taken by Dr. Mowlavi to optimize your results.
- Use of tumescent solution liposuction which ensures removal of all excess fat while minimizing blood loss and minimize risk of embolization (please see FAQ for more information).
- Provide perioperative antibiotics through your IV to minimize risk of infection.
- Utilize extended surgical drapes to ensure sterility throughout your case.
- Utilize an array of liposuction cannulas (from 3mm to 10mm diameter cannulas) in order to ensure ideal contour results.
- Use of manual touch suction technique allows Dr. Mowlavi to directly gauge and ensure uniform removal of fat tissue.
- Release of contracted retaining ligaments (connective tissue attachments extending from the skin to the underlying muscles) which when left intact can cause skin dimples/cellulite appearance.
- Aggressive post liposuction manual message to break up all fibrous attachments to ensure even redraping of skin following removal of excess fat thus avoiding skin contour irregularities.
- Trimming of all port sites (small stab incisions which are used to remove excess fat) when necessary in order to promote scar less body contouring.
Finally, Liposuction Natrelle™ focuses on providing you a comfortable immediate postoperative period, speedy recovery, and long lasting results.
- Use of medical foam dressings placed over areas of liposuction ensures uniform residual fat distribution without development of contour irregularities.
- Use of compression garments in the immediate postoperative period avoids prolonged swelling and quick return to routine physical activity and work.
- Educate you and train you to perform manual compression message exercises which will ensure uniform skin contour and avoidance of contour irregularities.
- Surgical incision port site management with applications of anti-scar topical gel which will ensure scar less healing.
Dr. Arian Mowlavi is a Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon who has dedicated his practice to providing prospective patients the body contour they deserve. Breast Liposuction Natrelle TM is dedicated to restoring and/or improving your body shape to their natural contour and youth full appearance.
Dr. Mowlavi is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, as well as Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Mowlavi has published over 50 nationally recognized scientific articles, received several nationally distinguished awards in the field of plastic surgery, and been featured in the Los Angeles Times, Orange County Register, The Washington Post, Self, and Orange Coast magazines.
Natrelle™ is a trademark of Allergan corporation.
Need some financial assistance? No problem! We’re pleased to offer our patients the CareCredit® card, North America’s leading patient payment program. Best of all, CareCredit offers convenient payment plans and no hidden costs. Click the banner to apply now.
Liposuction Procedure Information
Procedure: Improvement in body contour lines by removal of excess fat using hollow cannulas through small porthole incisions. Areas that can be treated include the neck, upper arm, armpits, abdomen, back, flanks, lateral thighs, medial thighs, and knees.
Length: Approximately one to one and a half hours per area.
Anesthesia: Depending on the number of areas, this surgery may be performed with twilight, epidural, or general anesthesia.
Place of Treatment: Outpatient office, surgical suite, or surgical center.
Recovery: Most patients describe a soreness sensation much like following a weight lifting workout, which lasts several days, and up to a week. Most patients may return to normal physical activity within a few days to a week.
Duration of Results: Patients should expect permanent correction in contour of areas treated.
Side Effects: Side effects are events that may be experienced by patients as a result of your surgery and should not be considered adverse events. Our patients are counseled regarding these effects and if experienced they are tolerable and often temporary in duration.
Liposuction Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the history of liposuction?
- Is liposuction surgery safe?
- How does fat accumulate?
- Are there any predilections for fat accumulation in males versus females?
- Are there different layers of fat and is this important for liposuction surgery?
- What is cellulite and how can it be prevented?
- Is it true that fat cells can travel to another area following liposuction?
- What is ultrasonic liposuction?
- What is tumescent solution?
- Am I a good candidate for liposuction surgery?
- What does liposuction surgery involve?
- How do I plan for liposuction surgery?
- How do I prepare for liposuction surgery?
- What results can I expect after liposuction surgery?
- Where will my liposuction surgery be performed?
- What type of anesthesia will be used for my liposuction surgery?
- What should I expect after liposuction surgery?
- When will I be able to return to work following liposuction surgery?
- Are there any side effects I can expect following liposuction surgery?
- Are there any risks associated with liposuction surgery?