Male Breast Surgery & Male Breast Reduction in Orange County & Newport Beach
Male Breast Surgery Before and After Photos
Male Breast Surgery Overview
Dr. Mowlavi is well regarded by the community for his artistry in performing male breast surgery. Dr. Mowlavi has developed Gynecomastia Natrelle™ to ensure that each patient attains their maximum potential following male breast surgery. Gynecomastia Natrelle™ optimizes all aspects of your male breast surgery experience including: your initial confidential consultation, an anxiety-free operation, comfortable postoperative recovery, speedy return to full activity, and long term results.
During your initial consultation with Dr. Mowlavi , you will have the opportunity to convey to him exactly what your concerns are. In order to ensure optimum results, Dr. Mowlavi evaluates your chest contour by breaking down your breast into four to five independent regions. Separating each breast into several regions allows Dr. Mowlavi to accurately assess degree of excess fat/fibrous tissue and degree of skin redundancy to ensure optimum breast contouring results. When the degree of fat/fibrous tisue excess is associated with minimal to moderate skin redundancy then you are an ideal candidate for the limited incision gynecomastia repair. Infrequently, patients with severe breast skin redundancy will be recommended to undergo en-block resection of the breast skin.
As part of your Gynecomastia Natrelle™ experience, Dr. Mowlavi and your patient coordinator will detail to you the preoperative planning and preparation that you will require, your operative course and plan, and your postoperative recovery and expectations. These steps are critical to ensuring optimum male breast surgery results.
Preoperative planning includes:
- Arranging for time off of work during your recovery period.
- Preparing meals and routine daily needs ahead of time.
- To wash with antimicrobial soap starting 4 days prior to surgery.
- Providing anti-anxiety medications on the night prior to as well as on the day of surgery.
- Planning for a responsible adult to accompany you to and from surgery and for the first 72 hours following surgery.
Gynecomastia Natrelle™ focuses on several operative measures that are taken by Dr. Mowlavi to optimize your results.
- Use of tumescent solution liposuction which ensures removal of all excess fat while minimizing blood loss and minimize risk of embolization (please see FAQ for more information).
- Provide perioperative antibiotics through your IV to minimize risk of infection.
- Utilize extended surgical drapes to ensure sterility throughout your case.
- Utilize an array of liposuction cannulas (from 3mm to 10mm diameter cannulas) in order to ensure ideal contour results.
- Use of limited infra-areolar incision to allow for direct excision of discoid glandular tissue located underneath the nipple areola complex.
- Release of retaining ligaments (connective tissue attachments extending from the skin to the underlying muscles) in order to allow for even distribution of redundant skin to avoid skin bunching/contour irregularity.
Finally, Gynecomastia Natrelle™ focuses on providing you a comfortable immediate postoperative period, speedy recovery, and long lasting results.
- Use of medical foam dressings placed over the breasts ensures uniform residual fat distribution without development of contour irregularities.
- Use of compression garments in the immediate postoperative period avoids prolonged swelling and quick return to routine physical activity and work.
- Surgical incision line management with applications of anti-scar topical gel which will ensure scar less healing.
Dr. Arian Mowlavi is a Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon who has dedicated his practice to providing prospective male patients the breast contour they deserve. Gynecomastia Natrelle ™ is dedicated to restoring and/or improving your breast shape to a natural, masculine contour.
Dr. Mowlavi is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, as well as Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Mowlavi has published over 50 nationally recognized scientific articles, received several nationally distinguished awards in the field of plastic surgery, and been featured in the Los Angeles Times, Orange County Register, The Washington Post, Self, and Orange Coast magazines.
Natrelle™ is a trademark of Allergan corporation.
Need some financial assistance? No problem! We’re pleased to offer our patients the CareCredit® card, North America’s leading patient payment program. Best of all, CareCredit offers convenient payment plans and no hidden costs. Click the banner to apply now.
Male Breast Surgery Procedure Information
Procedure: Depending on the amount of excess fat, glandular tissue, and/or skin tissue over the breast, the patient can expect a surgery requiring liposuction, direct excision of glandular tissue, and/or direct excision of fat, glandular tissue, and redundant skin. For patients with minimal sagging skin, minimal glandular tissue, but excess fat, liposuction only may be sufficient. However, most patients present with excess glandular tissue underlying the nipple areola, which requires direct excision of the glandular tissue using an infra-areola incision. In severe cases of skin redundancy and breast sagging, direct excision of redundant skin and excess fat is required in order to avoid a deflated and overly sagging breast that would result with liposuction alone. In these patients, nipple areola complex will require removal, trimming, and skin grafting.
Length: 1 to 4 hours
Anesthesia: Local anesthesia combined with intravenous sedation or general anesthesia depending on the complexity of the surgery required
Place of Treatment: Outpatient surgical facility, office-based surgical facility, or at a hospital
Recovery: Most patients can return to work and resume most normal activities 7 to 10 days after surgery. Strenuous activities such as heavy lifting can usually be performed 4 weeks after surgery.
Duration of Results: Breast reduction in men yields permanent results unless patients experience significant weight gain or continue consumption of causative agents. Identified causative agents are numerous and have included consumption of excess alcohol, marijuana, and chronically prescribed steroids.
Male Breast Surgery Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I a good candidate for male breast surgery (gynecomastia)?
- What does male breast surgery (gynecomastia) involve?
- How do I plan my male breast surgery (gynecomastia)?
- How do I prepare for male breast surgery (gynecomastia)?
- What results can I expect after male breast surgery (gynecomastia)?
- Where will my male breast surgery (gynecomastia) be performed?
- What type of anesthesia will be used for my male breast surgery (gynecomastia)?
- What should I expect after male breast surgery (gynecomastia)?
- When will I be able to return to work following male breast surgery (gynecomastia)?
- Are there any side effects associated with male breast surgery (gynecomastia)?
- Are there any risks associated with male breast surgery (gynecomastia)?